Thursday, May 10, 2012

To Change or Not to Change...


Lots of thinking going on over here… Between shifts at the Hospitals, Day Dreaming, Sleepless Nights and Creating I find myself wondering, searching and pondering!

Do I take the plunge?

It’s become difficult to manage 2 shops, 2 blogs and in between all that, my Nursing Career, family, friends and just LIFE.

I’ve been searching for the answer to this question:
“Do I combine my Girls and Boys shop, create one shop and one Blog?”

PROS

Easier to manage
More time to create
Less expense on packaging, business cards and all that go along with having 2 shops
(1 is pink and girly, 1 is teal and boyish)
One Blog: I’ll be able to focus on creating a blog that is about ME, my creations & Life
Better Marketing
One stop shop
Less stress of logging in and out of both shops, back and forth
Attracting Mommy’s and shoppers who have boys and girls

CONS

I lose, well have to start fresh on all my Sales Stats and Feedback Ratings
Start Fresh on the Blog (This May be a PRO)
Inform all my repeat Customers and Hope they’ll make the change with me
Forgo all my cupcake stamps, stickers etc… Stars for the boys
CREATE and come up with a New Logo, Look and Design

Thoughts? I need some help friends!?!

Meanwhile my little brain is spinning trying to come up with a new name, new look and design… 90% sure I’ll take the plunge, but it’ll be gradual… Have to use up all my cute goodies for the stores now first! 

3 comments:

Stacy said...

You sound like me!!! A girl with a lot on her plate!!! I am new to the whole blogging thing and have my mind set on starting my own shop but it all seems overwhelming and I don't know where to start...One day soon (I hope)...I also wanted to say hello and say that I am looking forward to meeting you at next month's Elevate...It will be my first blog conference so I have the nervous but excited jitters about going....I know that it will be a great day!! xxoo

Crystal said...

Hi Stacy,

I look forward to meeting you too! I've been blogging on my personal blog for awhile, this blog is neglected and I hope to learn lots of new and fun things! I'm nervous too, but excited as well, hopefully we will walk away with lots of knowledge, new friends and exciting tips to get us going! My mind is off its rockers right now just thinking of a new 'name' to combine the shops! If you need any tips, advice or help with starting your shop, feel free to email me or we can chat at elevate! I love ETSY, thats where I started and where I will stay for now because I'm a full-time RN and its easy to use and navigate...

xoxo,
Crystal

April said...

I had a great time meeting you at Elevate! I hope you have a great week....xoxo

Post a Comment